The SLRMS Student Council is made up of 24 highly motivated middle school students.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the SLRMS Student council, you will need to complete the nomination procedures outlined below in order to become a candidate. Each team will elect representatives to the Student Council. The date of the election is to be determined.
To be considered for candidacy, each student needs to complete the following and bring this information to room 150:
Part 1: Share a Google Doc with Madame Farah (typed) explaining the following:
- Why do you want to participate in the Student Council?
- What characteristics do you possess that will make you a strong representative and leader for your team and school?
Part 2: You are required to to get two staff members that support your candidacy.
Part 3: You are required to get twenty-five student signatures in support of your candidacy.
Student Council Representative Roles and Responsibilities:
- Attend student council meetings and introduce new ideas and student concerns.
- Participate in and promote SLRMS student council monthly activities.
- Serve as a proud, proactive student representative for the members of your team.